The Production Manager is responsible for scheduling, producing and delivering error-free printed materials required by our clients. The PM functions as the hub of the DUBUB Identity team (Art Buying, Retouching, Studio) working closely with Account Services, Program Managers, Creative, and periodically with clients directly. Responsibilities include the timely flow from concept to completion, as well as the ability to provide strategic counsel and technical advice to convergent groups regarding industry practices and innovation.
- Drive the Production Process with internal (art directors, writers, account team and studio) team members and external suppliers
- Ensure excellent reproduction by demonstrating a thorough understanding of file preparation for printing, colour management techniques and an in-depth understanding of the printing process
- Purchase, monitor and evaluate external printing services as required; attend press approvals
- Negotiate costs, create complete project estimates – including all internal and external costs, manage/monitor and communicate costs
- Provide and monitor timelines, ensuring accurate information and updates are supplied to the team and deadlines are communicated and met
- Manage the approval process within the guidelines of DUBUB’s established standard procedures. Ensure Studio team has all the information necessary to complete a job and safeguard the time required by the Studio to complete the work. Sets expectation for turnaround and follows up if there is a delay
- Build relationships with the studio, and DUBUB’s preferred pre-press suppliers, printers and finishers
- Types of projects include, but are not limited to: Magazine, Newspaper, Outdoor and Transit, Direct Mail, POS, Collateral and Packaging
- 5+ years of previous experience in a busy Advertising/Studio environment or related field
- In-depth print production knowledge of: prepress, retouching, litho, screen and digital printing
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize high volumes of work, and remain calm under pressure
- Proven experience in successfully managing multiple projects, on time and on budget
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, and negotiation skills. Capacity to trouble-shoot, solutions oriented
- Clear communicator and able to disseminate information in a calm, confident and firm manner
- Dedicated, responsible, detail oriented, thorough and accurate in your work, with a keen eye for quality control
- Experience in working within a team environment with the ability to follow and drive an established process
What’s in it for you.
We are serious about our work but don’t take ourselves too seriously.
Our people are the best. We have each others’ backs.
Our clients trust and believe in creativity.
You will be challenged to go beyond your comfort zone, to amplify your potential.
We have flexible hours and fun happens daily.
Dogs of DUBUB Marketing Agency are a thing. Yes, you can bring Barkley to the office.
We’re a small, tightly-knit team with national agency resources – the best of both worlds!
All of this AND you get a salary, benefits, training, and bottomless cups of cappuccino.