An AD is expected to be an expert in all aspects of PR, able to deliver and oversee high quality work with a ‘hands-on’ approach. The AD ensures that day to day activity is implemented on time by the delivery team (AMs, SAEs, AEs, and trainees) but always looks at the bigger picture, looking for opportunities to grow the account and ensure that client objectives are not only being met, but exceeded. The AD is able to handle client demands in an unflappable manner; lead on client reviews and campaign evaluation; devise, craft and implement campaign strategy and lead on campaign planning.
The AD holds an essential role between the delivery team and the more senior management team. As such the AD is expected to be able to manage up and down effectively – ensuring the smooth transition of information between the two as and when necessary. In addition the AD will have a pastoral role and responsibility for a number of junior colleagues. The AD will feed in to six month reviews and annual reviews, and ensure the continuous professional development of the team.
The AD will also take the lead on the budget for the account and work with the team Director to ensure that the team is profitable and capacity is managed.
Client relationship skills
– Proven experience of client management
– Hold deep knowledge of major global clients, act as a consultative partner and ensure all relationships are healthy
– Get under the skin of the clients’ businesses, understanding the wider business objectives, the commercial goals and how your PR strategy ladders back into those
– Have a thorough understanding of clients’ main competitors, key issues and industry hot topics
Strategic planning and delivery
– Business and marketing minded with ability to synthesize a brand’s objectives, equity and challenges to create campaigns that build business
– Lead the creative development of campaigns on existing accounts
– Be able to host effective, creative brainstorm sessions – educate AMs how to do the same
– Regular contributor to current client brainstorms and new business proposals
– Be able to work through a creative idea from concept to execution, in line with client strategy
Integrated campaign planning
– Communications professional with ability to contribute in client and inter-agency team meetings
– Deep understanding of the role of PR and influencer marketing within the broader communications mix
– Run stakeholder meetings and ensure that client objectives are considered and delivered
– Global experience essential including network management capabilities
– Not only able to devise strategic global plans but also input into and oversee the creation of highly usable global toolkits for local market activation, delivered in a timely fashion
– Excellent writing skills, able to adapt tone of voice to brand and audiences, delivering key messages in an engaging, newsworthy and effective way
– Be able to educate junior team members on how to create quality assets for client campaigns including photography and video content
– Demonstrate a developed understanding of what creates a people powered conversation
– Provide support on the strategic development of new business documents
– Lead on certain areas of interest and share knowledge of industry trends with agency colleagues
– Lead by example and act as growth coach for key personnel (AEs / AMs)
– Driven, self-starter with impeccable standards
What’s in it for you.
We are serious about our work but don’t take ourselves too seriously.
Our people are the best. We have each others’ backs.
Our clients trust and believe in creativity.
You will be challenged to go beyond your comfort zone, to amplify your potential.
We have flexible hours and fun happens daily.
Dogs of DUBUB Marketing Agency are a thing. Yes, you can bring Barkley to the office.
We’re a small, tightly-knit team with national agency resources – the best of both worlds!
All of this AND you get a salary, benefits, training, and bottomless cups of cappuccino.